Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Polymer Clay Pandora Style Bracelet




Make your own beads from polymer clay with little hearts.  These are so very easy you will want to make some in all colors, especially since you are threading them onto a bangle that opens with the twist of a screw.  Voila, presto change-O.

You will need:

Twist end bangles (they come three to a pack)

 Polymer clay in blue, green or desired color for base of bead

Polymer clay in small bits of white

Sculpey gloss glaze

Antique Metallic beads

Flat metallic spacer beads

Wooden barbecue skewer

Aluminum foil

Rolling pin (Use this only for clay, do not use for food)

Slicing blade for clay

Waxed paper

Ruler

1.     Cover your work surface with waxed paper.  Make the beads.  Measure from the end of the block of polymer clay, ½” and make a line with a pin or the tip of a pencil.  Mark this into (4) ¼” sections. One bracelet is made using three polymer beads and the other used four. Cut the pieces and roll each one into a ball in the palm of your hand. 






2.     Use the rolling pin to slightly flatten each round bead.  Center the tip of the bar-b-cue skewer in the middle of each bead and make a hole using a twisting motion.  Thread the bead on the skewer and add the hearts.




3.     Pinch off a teeny piece of white clay and roll with your finger putting more pressure on one end to make a tiny tear drop shape.  Repeat for another teardrop.  Place one tear drop shape on the side of the bead and add the other teardrop meeting the points. Repeat this three more times.  Roll the skewer with the bead attached on the work surface to adhere and define the heart shapes.  Make two more beads in the same way.





4.     Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.  Cover a pan with aluminum foil and bake the beads for 20 minutes.



5.     When the beads have cooled, brush some Sculpey gloss glaze on the beads one side at a time.  Let dry.


6.     Unscrew the end of the bangle and string the beads as follows:  start with a flat spacer bead, antique metallic bead, spacer bead, polymer bead, spacer bead and continue alternating. (See photo)




17 comments:

  1. I am so tempted to make a Pandora style bracelet and then go to the jewelry store where my daughter is in charge of the Pandora area. If mine turns out as good as the ones in the photos it should be interesting. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I wouldn't be making this one, but I love the way it turned out! A+++

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....what a nice idea. They turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome idea! found you via the blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I haven't worked up the courage to play with clay...maybe one day!!! I love your bracelet! I would totally rock it!!

    Thanks for sharing at Just us four party!
    dginnovations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and SOOOO much cheaper than buying one! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks rather easy. Thank you for the instruction!
    New follower from Friendship Friday. I hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend.
    http://lovejoyjunction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You make it sound so easy that I so want to try it:) I have never tried to make beads before and I love these bracelets so very much. Thank you for sharing this wonderful post at Freedom Fridays. Hope you have an amazing week:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, they look awesome! And I love the kind of bracelet they're on =)

    Visiting from Heatherly Loves

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! It turned out so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing at Sunday Round Up! I have a giveaway going on right now for a change to win a free scrap booking software if your interested I'd love the have you enter :) http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/05/my-memories-scrapbooking-software-give.html Have a great week!
    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow.. That is so cool! Thanks for linking up at friday fun party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing on Blog Stalking Thursday. I have featured you with this week's party! Don't forget to stop by and grab a Featured Button and wear it proudly!

    http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/05/blog-stalking-thursday-43.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I featured this on my FB page. Please stop on by and grab a button!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your site and love some of your excellent recycle/upcycle ideas. I am stopping in from TheStuffofSuccess and I am your newest follower. Have a great week. Athena

    ReplyDelete
  15. This I will definately be trying as I have lots of Fimo to use up. Marion x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your creations are so beautiful!
    I like handcraft too, you can see some things I made on my blog.
    I am a new member of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!